1. Sutts, Strosberg LLP is co-counsel with Andrew Morganti in a class action commenced in Windsor, Ontario on February 23, 2012.
2. Counsel in companion actions commenced in British Columbia (Branch MacMaster LLP ) and Québec (Sylvestre Fafard Painchaud) are co-operating with us to prosecute the actions nationally.
3. The lawsuit alleges that from April 1, 2010, Apple Inc., Hachette Book Group Canada Ltd., Hachette Book Group, Inc., Harpercollins Canada Limited, Harpercollins Publishers, Inc., Macmillan Publishers, Inc., Penguin Group (USA), Inc., Pearson Canada Inc., c.o.b. as Penguin Group (Canada), Simon & Schuster Canada, Inc. and Simon & Schuster, Inc. ( the “Defendants”) conspired to fix the prices at which eBooks were sold in Canada and worldwide.
4. Justice Terrance Patterson of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice has been appointed the case management judge.
5. A schedule for steps in the litigation has been agreed to with the court. The plaintiff has filed her certification record in Ontario and a responding record has been received from Apple.
6. If you would like to speak to someone at Sutts, Strosberg LLP about this proposed class action, please use our toll free line 1.800.229.5323, extension 8296.
7. If you would like to know more about how a class action works, please click here.